...and catch up.
So, what have we been up to? Well, we scored a semi-free trip to the beach with my parents. We had a lovely time. We took M 2 years ago, but this was C's first time at the beach or in a pool. We decided to leave on Saturday evening, with hopes that the kids would quickly fall asleep. NOPE! Several hours into the trip, both kids are still kicking and playing around. Thankfully, they finally fell asleep.
We lucked out in the weather department. Sunny skies except for one afternoon. Therefore we were able to spend tons of time at the pool and plenty of time at the beach. Although, I think M preferred the pool and C preferred the beach. It felt good to relax with no agenda, but then reality hit when we got back home! Go figure, right?
We've just been coasting along since we got back. M and C are really turning into playmates for each other. She's getting into imaginative play, and C tires to imitate what she's doing. They really like to build with legos and blocks, vroom cars down the hallway, and chase each other around the house. Not only does he imitate what she does, but he's also a little parrot! It may not be clear, but he is trying to repeat words that you say.
This past week the temperatures were in the 70s, so we spent as much time outside as possible. Which made the week fly by. One day we went to a cool place called CatchAir. M and C just ran and ran. I wish I would have know about this place during the winter months. HA
Well, I have been on the fence for awhile with my hair. I cut a few inches off last year right after C was born. Well, of course, life happened and here we are 14 months later...no haircut! YIKES!! I fell victim to the stay at home hairdo....pulled up and usually underneath a hat. Since it had grown so much this past year, I decided I would like to try and grow it enough to donate to Locks of Love. I had measured my hair about a month ago it I had about 8 inches I could cut off but the donation is min 10 inches. Well, on a whim yesterday, I went and cut off 1o inches!! I felt so good to get rid of the hair and even more so, knowing I did it to benefit children.
Enough rambling! Check back this week for some Love and Logic updates as well as some silly kid stories!
Take care!
1 comment:
I loved seeing all your pics from the beach! Glad you had a good time! Now how about some pics of your new 'do? :)
Post a Comment