This was the original post that has been sitting as a draft for oh like 3 weeks. Needless to say, things have been VERY busy around here. So, the info on here is a little dated. I have been in my classroom and met most of my students. School starts on Monday for the kiddies! Excited and nervous at the same time. So read on and I'll post some pictures soon!
It's official! I have a teaching job. I will be teaching first grade at Farragut Primary this school year. Farragut is very similar to the schools I have previously taught at in regards to the expectations of the parents. So, it should be an easy transition. As you know, I don't like to be late. If I say I will be somewhere at a certain time, you can count on me to be 10-15 minutes early. With that said, I feel so behind in preparation for this school year. I haven't seen my classroom or even have an idea of where it is located. Plus, all of my school things are sitting in our garage in GA. Teachers report August 4th and students report the following Monday. So I have a little time. I just hope this isn't a sign of a difficult school year. I am excited though for Monday. There is a luncheon at the school to welcome all the new staff and UT interns to the school. It will be nice to meet my new teammates. To be honest, I have very high standards. I could not have been any luckier to have worked with some wonderful teachers over the years. The icing on the cake was several friendships were sparked. You girls know who you are...school up here won't be the same without you. Who will I tell my funny stories to?
One thing I forgot to mention, Farragut is the growing area in Knoxville. The schools are busting at the seams. Get this, there are 15-16 teachers per grade level. Yes, you read that correctly...15-16! That is a little more than I am use to. It will be interesting to see the dynamics of such a large team, but I am trying my best to stay optimistic. I hope to find a small group to latch on with. I tend to blend in well and feel confident everyone will like me. What's not to like right? Chad would be proud of my glass half full attitude! LOL
It is bittersweet because if we had stayed in Georgia I was going to stay home with the kids, but the situation we are in now changes things. Which I am okay with. Chad and I talked about all of the scenarios we could face when he took his job back in March, and going back to work this fall was one of those things we knew might happen.
If our realtors were doing their job and putting some sort of effort toward selling our house, then maybe things would be different, but who knows!
Onto other news...Cooper turned 4 months old on July 21st. He went to the doctor for his 4 mo checkup and shots. I was really dreading this appointment because it would be his first round of shots. He had RSV at 5 weeks old and it lingered for about 6 weeks, so I opted to not have shots at his 2 month checkup. I am happy to report that he weighs 14 lbs and 5 oz. He has gained about 4 pounds in 2 months. As Marlee would say, "Bubba like Mama juice!" He has also grown a little over 3 inches, and is 25 inches long. He is in the 50% percentile and continues to grow everyday.
Look for pictures soon!
2 comments:
Hey lady! I am so glad to hear that you've gotten a position! You are going be fabulous and I can't wait to hear about it. Good luck this week! ~C
My grandparents used to live near where you're teaching...they lived in Lenoir City -- not very far! I can remember going to Farragut as a kid to go get good BBQ!
Post a Comment