Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Everyday Living

We haven't fallen off the face of the earth but have just been living life. The kids are wrapping up their first year of preschool. It has been a wonderful year for all of us. I have enjoyed helping out at preschool. I feel useful and get a small taste of classroom life again.

Marlee and Cooper have made some very special friends this past year. I love watching them form friendships that I hope last them a long time. Preschool friends are often topics of conversations and imaginative play between the kids. We've attended several birthday parties this year as well. Ever since we moved here I have felt at home. It is hard to believe we have already been back in TN for a year. Everyone has welcomed our family into the community as though we have always been here.

News on the house in GA is nothing good. We are short selling, which means we are asking less than we owe. We've continued to lower the price, almost weekly. We finally received our first offer after three years on the market. We were so excited! Of course, the couple pulled the offer off the table after 5 days. So back to the drawing board. I really think we could list for a penny and still receive no offers. I just don't understand why we are having such a difficult time selling it. But honestly, I have quit worrying about it. It took nearly three years, but I finally understand that the whole situation is out of our hands. And worrying about it does nothing but make me angry and a bad mom. We are beyond ready for it to sell, so we can close that chapter and move on with our lives here. If I have learned anything from this situation it is that patience is key when selling a house. Find a motivated realtor, and list your house when the market is right. We learned all three of those things the hard way.

In other news, I am preparing myself to go back to work. I have submitted my application to a few school systems. I have also dropped by the local elementary school and chatted for a long time with the principal. A once high demand job has turned into a scarce job. Teachers are not retiring because of the economy. So who knows if I will get back in the classroom next year.

We are ready for summer and time at the beach and plenty of afternoons at the pool!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Lyng said...

That stinks about the GA house - you are not alone, and it's nice to hear someone say to just stop worrying and live. Such good advice :)

Glad you guys are so happy in TN and good luck with the job search - I'm sure the right doors will open for you in due time.

Enjoy your summer and the beach!