Sometimes when I watch you playing, it's like stepping back in time. I see so much of myself in you. I don't know if that's a good thing sometimes! You bring intensity to everything that you do. I love your competitive nature. You want to be the best at everything. I know that drive will take you far in life. I've never been the type of mom to dress you up just because. I have always allowed you to be yourself. I love how that independence is developing alongside your desire to "dress up" when we have somewhere special to go.
I love how you watch me get ready; inspecting every step I make. I love you adding your input into what I need to wear or how you compliment me when I dress up. I love your creative nature. You can take your imagination to far off places just like I did as a child. Your love for art and desire to learn amaze me. You can translate just about anything into something. I love your attempts at randomly singing like me. You give it your best shot at making up songs. I love how we spend mornings putting on a "show" for each other singing silly songs.
I love how you sneak into our bed at night and cuddle up as close as you can to me and sigh. I know you feel loved and safe and secure. You don't show affection as much as I would like, but I know you're sincere when you do hug me or kiss me or tell me you love me. I love when you or I both get angry one or the other can smile or laugh and make it all better.
Most of all, I love you for being you!
2 comments:
love, love, love both posts....you really need to print these off and give them to them one day when they're older. *sniff, sniff* love you!!
So sweet....I miss my "little" girl terribly watching me put on make-up, wearing my high heels, talking for Barbie...Now she's putting on her own make-up, dressing up in her own clothes, and texting on her cell phone...
Post a Comment