Thursday, July 15, 2010

It doesn't get much better than this

I swear my neighbor Amanda has esp. She always seems to know when to call me. LOL I really think it was divine intervention that allowed Amanda and I to meet. She has that friend-forever quality about her. Down to earth and willing to help anytime you ask. She and her friends have welcomed me into their circle and have made me feel right at home. I'm very grateful and thankful for her friendship and feel I have made a new friend for life.

Back to the post~ So in the middle of our crafting this morning to keep the kids happy and me sane, she called to see if I was feeling better and to see if I wanted to venture out with all the kids. As soon as she mentioned donuts and the park, I was all in. She took us to a great pastry shop. We loaded the kids up with donuts and headed to a nice, quiet park by the river. The kids gobbled up their donuts (the icing) and headed off to play.

Poor Cooper, he fell off the swing, face first into the ground, then got whacked in the head with a big plastic/metal swing. It left a pretty good sized knot on the back of his head. Once we got home, I tried to apply an ice pack to it, but he refused and said it was too cold.

They all picked the chocolate iced one.

Yummy, yummy to my tummy!





I know I probably shouldn't post these pictures, but they are too funny. The kids kept putting their faces in the trash bin and saying "shoo" or "yuck" or "what's that smell" and busting into laughter and running off. They probably did this half a dozen times. Yes, we cleaned their hands well when we got to the car.


1 comment:

Owings Family said...

Awwww! Thanks! We feel the same way about yall and cannot imagine this summer without you!