Boy, over the last few weeks Marlee and Cooper have been playing together like a someone is flipping a switch on and off. One minute they are all buddy-buddy and the next minute someone is screaming and crying. It makes for some exhausting days around here. Cold and rainy weather doesn't help the situation much. That's why this past weekend, I threw both kids outside in the sun and locked the door. Ah, I'm just joking, but we did spend LOTS of time in the sunshine. I think everyone slept like a rock Sunday night.
Cooper is becoming more and more independent. He is playing by himself more and more, too. Saturday afternoon he headed to the steps with a handful of monster trucks. I could tell he was on the steps, so I went to check on him. He jerked around and threw his hand in my face and said, "No, Mommy! My play monster trucks on steps!" It was rather cute to sit back and watch him play. He's starting to develop imaginative play. He was making truck sounds and racing them back and forth.He sat there for several minutes playing. Today, he did the same thing with his trains. He's definitely becoming more like a little boy and less like a toddler.
All of this independence disrupts Marlee's game plan. She's developing a bossy streak and has meltdowns if Coop doesn't do exactly what she wants. Cooper will voice his opinion usually with a scream and running away from whatever he was doing. Needless to say, my nerves have been tested lately. A few new sayings around the house are"Calm Down!" and "Be Nice!" I'm sure the neighbors are thinking, "What in the world is going on over there?!?!"
2 comments:
Kelly, had to leave a comment on this one. Ginger, if you remember, slept with us until she was 4 when your Dad went to Viet Nam. Your Mom stayed with us at that time and then G moved in with Aunt Ginny. Bella is 7, today in fact, and she still sleeps with G. and Scott. Unless it really bothers you, let her along. Enjoy that time. They all grow up too fast and that valuable time is gone. Jack once said, "Nonne, I'll never too big to want to come and stay with you." Dah!! I see him when he needs something or wants to bring his girlfriend over so they have the sunroom, cause Jill won't let them stay at thei house when nobody is there. I love for them to come. Mary is so tied up with sports, that I don't see her, even as much as Jack. Grace comes when she's made to but thank God, I still have Bella and Will. I'm just glad that God gave us Jack when I was much younger. He was so hyper, that now at my age, there's no way I could keep up with him. Will is a complete opposite. Love 'em, cuddly 'em, time moves too fast. I love you all, Aunt Donna
Thanks for commenting! I don't really mind if Marlee sleeps with us, but I guess I worry what it will do to her. You know, I slept with my parents or crawled in bed with them or made Mom fall asleep with me until I was in the 4th grade. That's the reason we got Brinkley in the first place. It took me going to 4-H camp to start sleeping by myself.
I remember the phase that Jack, Mary, and Grace at going through. Now I wish I had gone to visit Granny more, but it's hard for teenagers to look past their social needs or actually their social wants.
The kids and I will be in TN most of next week. I promise to stop by for a visit! Love you too!
Post a Comment