Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live~Living Rooms




I decided to play along with a blog you know I love to read: Kelly's Korner. Last week she started a peak-a-boo into other bloggers' homes. It's a great way to get ideas and see how other people decorate. I didn't participate in last week's post, but I did add my kitchen pictures here if you're interested. Also, you can see Kelly's living room pictures here.


Here is our living room when you walk down the hallway. To the left is a full bath and the kids' playroom. To the right is the eat-in kitchen. We use to have a nice sized coffee table. It lasted about a year after M was born. She fell and hit her ear. It came down that night and made a short reappearance this spring but did nothing but collect dust. Our couches were our first "real" married couple purchase. Before, we lived off of hand-me-down recliners and futons. They are on their last leg with 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 cats constantly abusing them. I have struggled for 4 years on what to put above the fireplace. (suggestions welcome) It is framed out, but it isn't square. I use to have some off center pictures resting against it with books, etc. I bought these 3 pieces for 20 bucks a piece when we listed our house last spring. I still have no curtains at all in the whole house. Don't really want them. Maybe the next house.


Here's a sofa table my mom bought us when we first moved into our house. It was a Fred's find. Never heard of Fred's? Google it! I won the collage picture frame at Dirty Santa a few years ago. I need to update the pictures. Of course, there are C's sweet baby pictures. The vase was a wedding gift and the arrangement is in SERIOUS need of work.


This is one of the end tables. It has a crawl space that M and C (plus the cats) like to crawl through. It has a picture of my mom's side of the family from a few years back and also our first family beach picture at Gulf Shores. It will be replaced with a picture of all four after next week's trip to Destin.

This is the other end table. It has a basket full of my books and the kids' books under it. On top there is a baby picture of M and our wedding album.



Finally, here's the TV and stand. The tv replaces our "too big for this room" projector on wheels. Glad to get rid of it. We haven't 100% decided if we're going to mount the new. Therefore, you see the cable running across the floor. The tv stand is courtesy of Walmart. Sturdy, but dusty and attracts lots of little finger prints. :) Our wedding picture, M's 6 mo picture, and our Christmas 2008 family picture are on top. Don't forget the XBOX 360~Rock Band Baby! Oh, and another basket of books. LOL Do you think I'm a teacher?!?! :)



So, where do you live?

13 comments:

Rachel said...

I really, really like that paint color!

Cheri said...

Very pretty - nice job!

Unknown said...

LOVE your yellow. Very trendy room!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

what a warm and welcoming home you have! :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Very nice! I really like the two couches facing each other.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Great paint color on the walls and I love the white around the fireplace too.

Carrie said...

Very pretty! Fun wall color!

Chelsa said...

i love the paint color- what color is it?

Anonymous said...

I think the gold paint and white trim looks gorgeous in your room. Reminds me of a commercial with Diane Keaton where the two rooms she's in have yellow-gold walls and all the trim and furniture is white. Everything just pops. I fell in love with it!

Amanda - Love This Life

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

Nice room I love the wall colour!

FiDesigns said...

Love you wall color!

Lesli said...

Great room! Love the colors and your fireplace!! I see are children are around the same ages, mine are just a little older!! I was just wondering if it is as hard for you as it is for me..lol. I love my babies but some days are VERY hard!!! Working (outside of the home) would be a vacation at this point!!! Anyway, thanks for stopping by!!

Danielle said...

Thanks for commenting on my living room! You have a great living room! I love the sofa table! I bet a blown up picture would look great above your fireplace...maybe one from your Destin trip!