Okay, so the last time I posted was before Christmas and our move back to GA. So, I'll start there. The last couple of weeks of school were hectic. I was packing up my classroom and the apartment, and I hate to pack. Packing up my classroom was a little weird. It didn't feel like I was really leaving, just going off for Winter Break. I had many more boxes than I thought I would have. I hope that I got everything that I really needed. My students were really sad. In the same breath of excitement about Christmas was a reminder that after the holidays I wouldn't be their teacher anymore. I don't know how well it really registered with them. I think it will hit them tomorrow. I hope they experience a smooth transition.
As for the apartment, it looked like a bomb had exploded. I was not motivated to pack it up. It of course never felt like home, but Marlee and Cooper has several milestones while living there. Maybe I'll just be sentimental about Knoxville and not the apartment! :0
Thankfully, my mom came the last few days and helped crank out the last minute packing. I think there was more than she was anticipating, but as I said I wasn't motivated to pack it up. So, I didn't! HA
Chad rented the dreaded U-Haul! We've kept them in business over the last 10 years as much as we have moved. Loading the truck actually went pretty fast. Josh stopped by to help Chad with the really heavy items. It was as packed as it could be Friday night, so we went to bed and got up and going around 7 AM. Chad was eager to get going and had planned for a 10 AM departure.
You may be wondering what we did about the cats this go round. Well, we were smart and had a sedative for Chloe. Chad drove the U-Haul, I drove Chad's car with the two cats, and my mom drove my car with the two kids! What an adventure! :0
I didn't feel the need to take any pictures, but I wish I would have been in the car with Marlee when they pulled up. She said something along the lines of, "That's my house!" She was oh, so excited to be back. She hasn't stopped running around yet.
I do feel a little guilty though. She does remember her TN home. Whenever we say we're going home, she corrects us and says we are going to her house. I think she associates the word "home" with the apartment and "house" with the house in GA. Hopefully, those memories will fade. Although, she does miss Ms. Karen and all her friends and day care. She talks about them frequently.
No comments:
Post a Comment