Monday, October 13, 2008

Wannabe

I've known for a while that I was a "wannabe". This past weekend and today have helped confirm that for me. This past weekend was beautiful, and we spent most of it outside. Marlee is not a happier little person than when she is outside playing. She loves to be outdoors even if it consists of just sitting and listening to the birds chirp.

Ms. Karen, the sitter, called yesterday to tell us she was going to open late. She had a sick daughter and was taking her to the dr today. Chad has the flexibility in his schedule to stay home with the kids most of the time. He's taken on a new project and some people from Microsoft were coming in today to go over some things with him. So, I jumped at the opportunity to stay home. I am less than a week away from Fall Break, so I could use a little mini-vaca! LOL

Well we had another great day at home. I've enjoyed putting off the mounds of school work for some quality time with my 2 kids and a little house work here and there.

So, I'm a wannabe stay at home mom. Actually, I would be at home if things were going better with the house in GA. Oh, yeah, it's still there... sitting empty... draining our bank account... monthly. But hopefully a new realtor will help. And yes, Chad and I aren't oblivious to the reality that we can't bank roll GA and TN forever. We're talking about options for the future. Enough said...

Onto happier news...Coop has is 6 month checkup last week. He's growing right along. He weighs 17 pounds which puts him in the 40th percentile. He is in the 50th at 26 and1/4 in long. He's sitting up for a few minutes unassisted then topples over with that big head he has. LOL He's also started "baba-ing" and "dada-ing" in the last few days. He's enjoying SOME cereal and a FEW veggies. He has enjoyed sweet potatoes and green beans. He does NOT like peas. But who does, really? I'm gonna do carrots a few days this week then try fruits. We should hit a home run there.

I'll post some pictures a while later. Hope all is well. Please remember to visit Hayden Johnson's blog (at the top of my list) and pray for his recovery and family!

Take care!
K

No comments: