Saturday, August 30, 2008

Battle Wounds...

Marlee and I have started going to a mommy and me gymnastics class. It is on Saturdays and consists of the children running around the gym and exploring the equipment. Marlee really seems to be enjoying herself. Today they were closing the class with bubbles, and Marlee and a little boy collided head on. She's suffered her first battle wound, a busted lip. She was a trooper and cried just a little. It bled and bled and her little upper lip is swollen. The picture below shows her lip with a little OREO TLC to make things all better. Thankfully we don't have any important pictures or anything coming up.



Our second adventure today was a our first family trip to the zoo. We had so much fun! Marlee saw so many of her favorite animals. She saw a zebra up close and personal and said to me, "no, like mama". I asked her why because he was big and she said yes. She really liked watching the river otters swim around. She was by far the most fascinated with the tortoise and snake exhibits. She really liked looking at all the different snakes and even frogs. She's so brave that she pet a snake! YUCK! Chad and I could live without those things.










Time was running out, so we didn't make it to the petting zoo at Kid's Cove, but we promised Marlee that we would take her back when it cools off outside. We stopped at the gift shop on the way out. Marlee picked out a stuffed giraffe as a keepsake. She slept with it for nap time today.

This weekend in Knoxville is Boomsday on the river. We hope to take the kids to see one of the most beautiful fireworks displays I've ever seen. We'll have pictures to share next week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend and GO VOLS!!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Shaw Family said...

It was this time last year that we were all together for the long weekend. Time does fly! We miss you more than you will ever know!

Karin said...

OMG!! Matthew & Marlee could be twins with their "Angelina Jolie" lips!! You are right-- girls are just as rough. These are adorable pictures! I love the Knoxville zoo!! I wish I could have gone too.

Elizabeth Lyng said...

Ouch! Hope that pretty mouth heals quick! Love the zoo pics too -- looks like so much fun!!